Over the past two weeks, DNR and CWAC have used public outcry as a foundation to pen a new agreement with the state legislature. The new agreement will enable the CDOW to financially support "water type projects" with funds currently available outside the game cash fund that DOES NOT put at risk any federal funding.
Benefits from the agreement are:
- Sportsmen's dollars will not be diverted from the game cash fund and our federal dollars will be saved.
- CDOW will have a say in what projects they will financially support, and those projects will be limited only to those that directly benefit wildlife and fisheries habitat.
- CDOW will be involved at the development stage of proposals for water storage projects that seek their financial funding.
- Significantly LESS money will be coming from Sportsmen (CDOW). It's now $6mm over five years, rather than $5mm per year.
- Sportsmen, and the general public, are assured an open voice and input on CDOW's five year strategic planning for water storage projects it will financially support.
- The State has a higher focus and planning objective for water development.
For more information concerning the agreement, read the press release.